Mr. Baca has substantial experience helping clients understand, untangle, and address intellectual property issues that arise in their businesses, including in connection with due diligence, IP licensing, and managing disputes. He specializes in all aspects of patent litigation and developing patent portfolios in order to protect his client’s inventions and the revenue streams supported by those inventions. He works with clients from all over the world, including solo-inventors, start-ups, public companies, and investors. His clients’ products and technical areas include medical devices, medical technology, electronics, computer components, software and e-commerce platforms, and network security tools.
Areas of Special Expertise
- Sponsored Research Agreements with Major Research Institutions
- Building Portfolios for Start Ups
- Counseling management early stage tech companies on intellectual property matters relevant to their businesses
Prior Professional Experience
- Danielson Legal, LLC, Senior Counsel
- Analogic Corporation, Senior Corporate Counsel, Assistant Secretary
- Goodwin Procter LLP, Associate
- Sughrue Mion, PLLC, Associate
- Internships at United States Tax Court and Department of Justice: Criminal Division
- Georgetown University Law Center, J.D.
- Virginia Tech, B.S. Computer engineering; Computer Science (minor)
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- District of Columbia
- Application pending to practice in Utah, currently practicing under the supervision of Shareholders at TraskBritt