Mr. Michelsen joined TraskBritt as a student associate and is now Of Counsel to the firm. Mr. Michelsen brings industry experience to TraskBritt in the areas of electrical and mechanical engineering. Prior to joining TraskBritt, Mr. Michelsen worked for Motorola, VSLI, and Intel as a Design Engineer and Manager, specializing in circuit design, computer architecture, computer graphics, image processing, and software development. He also worked as a Mechanical Engineer for Boeing performing fuselage stress analysis and developing signal processing software. Additionally, he holds nine patents as an inventor in the areas of computer graphics, computer systems, and integrated circuit design.
Areas of Special Expertise
- Computer architecture and microprocessor design
- Computer graphics and image processing
- Integrated circuit design processes
- Product clearance opinions
- Security and encryption software
- Semiconductor device design and fabrication
- Technology evaluation and invention identification
Prior Professional Experience
- System Architect, Cirrus Logic Inc.
- Design Engineer and Project Leader, Intel
- Design Engineer and Program Manager, VLSI Technology
- Design Engineer, Motorola Inc.
- Mechanical Engineer, Boeing Co.
- Arizona State University College of Law, J.D.
- Utah State University, M.E. Electrical Engineering
- University of Utah, B.S. Mechanical Engineering
- Arizona Bar
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- Utah Bar
- Supreme Court of Utah
- U.S. District Court for the District of Utah
Community and Professional Organizations
- American Bar Association (ABA)
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)