Mr. Gutke is a shareholder with TraskBritt. He received his J.D. from the University of Illinois College of Law where he graduated summa cum laude and was elected to the Order of the Coif. Mr. Gutke received the Rickert Award for Excellence in Academic Achievement. The Rickert Award Program is considered the most prestigious awards program conducted by the College of Law. Mr. Gutke also served as Notes Editor for the Journal of Law, Technology & Policy.
During law school, Mr. Gutke was invited to take part in the Patent Pilot Program at the College of Law. As part of this program, Mr. Gutke worked in a collaborative effort between the College of Law and the Technology Entrepreneur Center at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign to assist start-up companies in protecting their intellectual property.
Prior to law school Mr. Gutke graduated from Utah State University with bachelor’s degrees in Electrical Engineering and German. Mr. Gutke also completed engineering internships with Schott A.G. at the Gruenenplan, Germany facilities, as well as with Nucor Steel in Plymouth, Utah.
- Super Lawyers Rising Stars – 2015
Areas of Special Expertise
- Product clearance opinions
- Technology evaluation and invention identification
Prior Professional Experience
- Research Assistant, University of Illinois College of Law
- Engineering Intern, Schott A.G.
- Engineering Intern, Nucor Steel
- University of Illinois College of Law, J.D.
- Utah State University, B.S., Electrical Engineering, Math Minor
- Utah State University, B.A., German
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- Utah State Bar
- Supreme Court of Utah
- U.S. District Court for the District of Utah
Community and Professional Organizations
- American Bar Association (ABA)
- American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA)
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)