- Super Lawyers Rising Stars – 2015, 2017
Areas of Special Expertise
- Product clearance opinions
- Technology evaluation and invention identification
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- Utah State Bar
- Supreme Court of Utah
- U.S. District Court for the District of Utah
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Wisconsin (Pro Hac Vice)
Community and Professional Organizations
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Asian Patent Attorneys Association (observer)
- Utah Technology Council
- Board Member of Davis Education Foundation
- University of Illinois College of Law, J.D.
- Utah State University, B.S., Electrical Engineering, Math Minor
- Utah State University, B.A., German
Prior Professional Experience
- Research Assistant, University of Illinois College of Law
- Engineering Intern, Schott A.G.
- Engineering Intern, Nucor Steel
Publications and Presentations
- Understanding the Rights and Information of Competitors from Patent Searching, as well as the Legal Risks that may Arise when Searching Patent Literature, International Competitive Intelligence Conference, April 2014 (upcoming), Bad Nauheim, Germany.
- Steven W. Gutke, “Recent Developments in the Patent Eligibility of Software and Navigating the Uncertainty from a Patent Drafter’s Perspective,” U. Ill. J.L. Tech. & Poly, Volume 2013, Fall, Issue 2. LINK: http://illinoisjltp.com/journal/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Gutke.pdf