Ms. Schierman received her J.D. and her Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering from the University of Idaho. Prior to joining TraskBritt, P.C., Ms. Schierman practiced with an intellectual property law firm in Idaho, counseling businesses and individuals regarding patent, trademark, copyright, and internet law and litigating intellectual property actions in courts throughout the United States. Ms. Schierman is a former Chair of the Intellectual Property Law Section of the Idaho State Bar and currently sits on the Advisory Board to the University of Idaho’s Department of Chemical and Materials Engineering.
- Registered Patent Attorney, Dykas & Shaver, LLP (Previously Dykas, Shaver & Nipper, LLP)
- Federal Judicial Law Clerk, U.S. District Courts, for the District of Idaho
- Intellectual Property Intern, Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc.
- Federal Reporting Officer/Technology Transfer Asst., Washington State University Research Foundation
- University of Idaho, College of Law, J.D.
- University of Idaho, B.S. Chemical Engineering, magna cum laude
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- Idaho Bar
- Utah Bar
- Supreme Court of Idaho
- U.S. District Court for the District of Idaho
Selected Publications & Presentations
- Patent, Trademark, & Copyright Protection: Necessities or Luxuries, THE ADVOCATE, June/July 2011
- IP Transactions: Identifying & Transferring Ownership, Presentation, IDAHO STATE BAR, Apr. 2011
- .COM and .NET, Make Room for .TRADEMARK: What Trademark Holders Should Know About the New gTLD Program, THE ADVOCATE, Feb. 2010
- Notable Differences Between the Rules of Civil Procedure in Idaho’s State and Federal Courts, presentation, IDAHO STATE BAR, Jan. 2010
- Civil Procedure in Idaho: an Examination of Some Differences Between the Rules of Procedure of the Idaho State and Federal Courts, IDAHO LAW REVIEW, 2009
- Orphan Works: Congress Considers Lessening Penalties for Copyright Infringers, THE ADVOCATE MAR./APR. 2009