Recent Representative Cases
- Catheter Connections v. Ivera Medical/3M – Medical Device patent dispute hotly contested over several years in multiple states. Obtained two preliminary injunctions on three different patents, as well as a contempt order for opponent’s violation of one of the injunctions, leading to a favorable settlement.
- Won-Door Corporation v. Cornell Iron Works – Patent infringement case involving movable partitions. Obtained a preliminary injunction after extensive briefing and two court hearings, leading to a consent judgment and permanent injunction against Cornell.
- Storm Products v. Ebonite – Defended patent infringement case involving bowling balls. Obtained Court Order invalidating Ebonite patent. Affirmed on appeal.
- SME Steel Contractors v. Star Seismic – Obtained dismissal of patent infringement case relating to seismic braces used in steel frame construction, affirmed on appeal; subsequently defended related claims of breach of license agreement, fraud and tortious interference to trial, obtaining a judgment dismissing all claims and awarding attorneys’ fees of nearly $1 million.
- Choice Hotels v. JMS Lodging – Trademark infringement case – obtained judgment and permanent injunction.
- Etagz v. TV Guide Magazine – Defended TV Guide in patent infringement case; settled favorably on the eve of summary judgment hearing.